Monday, June 19, 2006

Far East Alchemy

For those people that like anime, you can check out the new monthly column I'm writing for Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show. The first month's column has just been posted today: Far East Alchemy.

It's very neat to be published! =)


Jodi Davis said...

HA HA - It is neat - ain't it.

How exciting, Ms. Shoe-on-the-other-foot!

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I'm curious to know what some of your other favorite anime are.

Harry Connolly said...

Nice article.

I have to admit that I'm kinda meh on anime. Still, I keep hoping that I'll find something that blows me away.

(No recs, please)

I just put Voices from a Distant Star on hold at my library. Your credibility is on the line!


Jenny Rappaport said...

Thanks everyone!

anonymous to answer your question, I like a lot of anime. Some of my favorites that won't see a review on IGMS because they're not SF are: Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou ("His and Her Circumstances"), Koi Kaze, Rose of Versailles, Beck, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, NANA, Emma, Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress, and Tokyo Godfathers. I'm sure there are others, but that's just off the top of my head.

I have a whole list of ones that I want to review for IGMS, but some of them may never see print since I have to stick to PG-13 rated stuff (i.e., Paranoia Agent, which is marvelous).

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering. I haven't seen most of those (don't make time for anime like I used to), but I have always wanted to see Rose of Versailles if I could get my hands on it...and loving the comic of NANA right now.


Jenny Rappaport said...

I haven't read the manga version of NANA yet, but I'm enjoying the show via the miracle of Bittorrent. =)

Anonymous said...

Bittorrent is truly the best. How did we ever live without the internet? I'm sure I'll watch Nana but I kind of don't want to see the anime while I'm reading the manga because it'll affect my reading.


Harry Connolly said...

I finally watched this last night. I enjoyed it well enough, but it made my wife cry.