Sunday, June 11, 2006

News Announcement

Since I've already notified all of my clients and most of the editors who I deal with on a regular basis, I figured that I should make some form of public announcement.

I am no longer affiliated with Folio Literary Management, as the managing partners and I have decided to amicably part ways. At the moment, I'm in the process of deciding what I want to do professionally. I'm leaning towards starting my own small agency or affiliating with a different literary agency. Or I may head off on a different career path within publishing.

If you have material sitting in my slush pile, it WILL get read. If you have a full manuscript with me, then at the very least, I'll be giving you some form of critique on it. If you have sent me a query, I will respond to it, although probably not for a few weeks. As of this time, I would advise all those concerned to not send any more mail for me to the Folio offices at 505 8th Avenue. I can be contacted via e-mail at jennyrcma AT gmail DOT com from now on.

9 comments:

Jodi Davis said...

Congrats! I'd wish you good luck - but luck is for sissies!

Harry Connolly said...

Congratulations! Good luck with your move (I'm a sissy).

Jodi Davis said...

But Harry - you're an adorable sissy.

G. Jules Reynolds said...

Congrats! And good luck. I think even non-sissies can use luck.

Shelly said...

I hope all goes well for you on your new adventure!

Julia said...

How exciting!

James Dashner said...

Jenny, I haven't seen such bravado since Kramer packed up and moved to Hollywood on Seinfeld. More power to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,

Onward and upward--I'm sure you're destined for big things.

I was hoping you could answer a quick question for me. Do you know whether anything has happened to Julie Culver at Folio? Three weeks ago she was very enthusiastic about my work (she even had me sign a contract--although I never received her countersigned copy) but since then she hasn't answered any of my emails (three total). If she just doesn't want to work with me, that's fine. But I need to know one way or the other, so I can start sending to other people. Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much, LB

Anonymous said...

LB -- I've worked with Julie Culver before and she is often *very* slow to respond. She won't have given up on you, I'm sure. If you're anxious, I suggest you phone her.