- It is possible to break Safe Mode for Windows XP. Chris managed to do so earlier tonight.
- Water damage from hanging plants can cause paint to flake away from the drywall around your window sill, until you can actually see the metal corner pieces under the drywall (this, btw, was the old owner's fault, not ours).
- The deer in my parents' suburban neighborhood are so domesticated that my father can now mow the lawn and the fawns will stand there and just continue munching away.
- My little cousins (ages "almost 5" and "two and a half") now own a baby silver ferret named Rocky. Note that it's illegal to own such a ferret within the confines of New York City. The odder fact is that the ferret is now living in a household that also contains two overweight and neurotic toy poodles, plus several Russian Dwarf Hamsters. Something is wrong with the food chain in this picture... aren't ferrets carniverous and shouldn't the hamsters be fearing for their lives...?
- Planter's Dry-Roasted Peanuts are no longer just peanuts and salt, but actually contain spices on them now. In order to obtain plain peanuts and salt (as was needed for my Evil Peanut Cookies), you now must buy Planter's Cocktail Peanuts... we now own a lot of extraneous peanuts.
- And finally, all query letters from prisoners are handwritten, as apparently typewriters or computers are lethal weapons and not allowed.
Monday, September 18, 2006
Delayed Odd News posting
So, the latest Odd News posting is a tad delayed, but it's lovely to see that the old thread is still getting comments! =) Since I haven't been reading much that's sparked my interest lately, I've decided that I shall offer up to you a series of facts, all based on recent happenings in my own life. Enjoy... maybe there's a story in here somewhere...