Friday, September 01, 2006

Snark, snark, snark

I am busy. I am backlogged. I was away for almost all of last week. If I have not responded to you yet, I am not dead. I am working through all my e-mails and dealing with client-related tasks, which surprisingly, come first. Why, you ask? Because my clients are the ones that make me money. Do you want to know how many queries I have? ONE HUNDRED SIXTY SIX e-queries, people. That's not counting the bunch that came in the mail.

Let me reiterate, just for the sake of reiterating. If I have not read your query yet, I am NOT ignoring you. If I have not read your partial yet, I am NOT ignoring you. If I have not finished reading your full manuscript yet, I am NOT ignoring you. And just so that all of you know, I often read one or two or even three full manuscripts at a time; I may get bored with one and then go back to another or vice versa.

And don't get me started on the state of my office, which has boxes of books everywhere, and piles of manuscripts decorating the boxes of books. Or the state of my desk, for that matter. Or the state of my printer, which I am close to taking out on the back patio, even in this pouring rain, and smashing to bits with a hammer. It would be most cathartic. =)

So now, if you please, I am going to go back to work. And I am going to Staples tomorrow to buy a new printer with my wonderful Staples rewards cash and coupons, once I locate the safe place where I have put them.

Have a happy Labor Day weekend!

6 comments:

Jordan Summers said...

***Or the state of my printer, which I am close to taking out on the back patio, even in this pouring rain, and smashing to bits with a hammer. It would be most cathartic. =)***

Hey it worked for the guys in Office Space. *ggg* :) Hang in there. If you need a shovel to dig yourself out, just holler. ;)

Aimee said...

*sends you a query*

*because I'm a jerk*

*grin*

Catherine Avril Morris said...

wearing agent's hat,
jenny sounds a bit stressed out.
please spare that printer!

That's my attempt at a comforting haiku, but...I think it lost its way.

Good luck!! And can I recommend setting aside 2 days and just tackling your office? I did so myself a couple weeks ago, and got it cleared out after 14 MONTHS of being a hell-hole. Man, do I feel better! Like I cleaned off my psyche at the same time! I wish the same for you, and soon.

Marguerite Arotin said...

The comment that Jordan made about Office Space cracked me up. Love that movie.
Anyway, I did query you but I am patient. Plus I have enough ideas for other tales and characters who won't shut up, that I have enough to do keep me busy while I wait.
Anyway, hope you get that office in order and hope you at least get a free moment to kick back and relax. If I didn't take at least five minutes a day between the "Mom" thing and the "Writer" thing for me time, I know I'd go nuts ;-).
So here's hoping you have time for some "Jenny" time.

Jenny Rappaport said...

The problem with the office is that we moved into our townhouse in February, but the office wasn't really painted until June or so? And then we moved up some of the boxes of books to unpack, and they just never got unpacked because I had the brilliant idea of cataloging them all through LibraryThing... This never happened, btw. I have a lot of books; most of them are currently filling my entire closet under the stairs, but I'd estimate that I probably have between 800-1000; not a tremendous amount in the grand scheme of things, but when you only have two working bookcases, it's a lot. We have no bookcases downstairs yet, since it still needs to be de-wallpapered and painted, so there's no real point in buying furniture until then.

But as I'm currently stuck inside today, due to the remnants of Tropical Storm Ernesto, which is making my poor tree have a fit outside the window, I think I shall be shelving books today. The printer run is going to wait until tomorrow. =)

Jodi Davis said...

All right people, whoever bugs her about stuff she already has of yours - I'm putting it on the bottom of the stack - AFTER, I add a bunch of random commas.