Tuesday, September 19, 2006


It be Talk Like A Pirate Day, mateys!

Who are your favorite pirates? Personally, I've got an undying love for Jack Sparrow. =)


Iron Mary of the MS Shimmer said...

Aaarrr! I be mighty fond of Cap'n John Joseph Adams. Shiver me timbers.

Virginia Miss said...

Jack Sparrow is such a delight, I can't see any other buccaneer stealing my fancy. I'd love to meet him at an opportune moment.

James Dashner said...

Sadly, the first thing that popped into my head was "Shiver Me Whiskers", a Tom and Jerry movie I just watched with my kids last week.

Actually, it was pretty entertaining!

My favorite pirate moment is Seinfeld and his pirate shirt.

Kimber An said...

Jack Sparrow. I love over-the-top characters and he certainly fits! I loved the part at the beginning of the first movie when he and Legoles (sorry, but I can't get his hunky LOTR image out of my head) pretend to steal one ship and the navy officer says he's the stupidest pirate ever. And then Jack makes the switheroo and the other navy officer says he's the best pirate ever. I also loved how they sword-fought at every possible opportunity throughout that movie! I love sword-fighting. Remember The Three Musketeers when Porthos the Pirate excitedly shouts, "Come, D'Artagnon! We're saving the King!" Like, it's the funnest thing they could ever possibly do. Love it. Okay, I'll stop now.

cap'n penny dandy of the sea faery said...

Arrr! My favorite pirates be the One Piece gang. But only in Japanese. Just thinking about the miserable dub they gave that poor lad Sanji makes me lose my grog.

Bernita said...

Where's the romance post?