Thursday, October 05, 2006

Beware the grumpy agent

Just as a public service announcement, I may be unreasonably grumpy over the next few days, since I have managed to simultaneously infect myself with both bronchitis and a sinus infection.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go burrow under the covers and read manuscripts in bed.

(Oh, and as a side note, my mother reads my blog too and has lately complained that I give out too much personal information... blah, I say! In this case, I feel appropriately justified in posting this, since the majority of my clients read my blog, and it will give them a head's up. I'm still going to be working, just at a slower pace. =)


Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

Oy, so it IS way worse than a cold! Yeah, forget the Zycam. Let's hope that sleep and good books serve you better. :) Wishing you well!

Jordan Summers said...

(((Hugs))) Sorry you're feeling yucky. Chicken soup until it comes out of your ears. :) Feel better.

December Quinn said...

Oh, no.

I agree with the chicken soup suggestion, but have to admit I always found shots of NyQuil much more helpful with my own illnesses.

Feel better soon!

BuffySquirrel said...

Oh dear. Get well soon!

Linda said...

Get well soon! I tend to get one upon the other myself and know how miserable it can be. I swear by TheraFlu, and lots of chicken soup. Take good care of yourself!

Bernita said...

Mothers fuss, you know.
It comes with the job description.

Jenny Rappaport said...

Hehe, not a problem at all, Bernita.

In terms of decongestants/antihistamines, I am exceedingly lucky that I get to take several of these on a daily basis, year round, due to my insane allergies to dust mites. Which is actually how I know when I'm getting sick because the decongestants stop working as well, and I'm like, "Hmmm, something is wrong with this picture."

But oh yes, there will be chicken soup later tonight. =)

James Dashner said...

Dear Jenny: sorry you're sick. Take care of yourself.

Dear Jenny's mom: thanks for delivering Jenny Rae Rappaport to the world. And don't worry, none of us are serial killers. Well, except for Kiwi, but he's a nice serial killer.

harried mom said...

Tell mom, we like learning about you--otherwise, you're just another agent who eats soup. But we priviledged know what kind you enjoy.

Doing some reading, but mostly--Sleep and feel better.

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Jeez, maybe you caught it from me over the phone or Internet or something? That's exactly what I had last week and I was MISERABLE and no fun to be around. Don't make yourself sicker by working too much. Sleep is a good thing. Soup is too.

kiwi said...

Sympathies, Jenny, I say forget work and rest, rest and rest!

And to mummy Rappaport, you did good work with your daughter. Jenny's a credit to the agenting world and appreciated by authors everywhere. Even those represented elsewhere.

And James. The serial killing thing; I wasn't convicted I'll have you know. It’s amazing what money can do. And Buffysquirrel, yes, the blinking is apreciated, far less scary!

Ruth said...

My mum has a sinus infection and I've had bronchitis all week. Poor thing... I can't imagine having both at once. Go have some ginger ale and a bowl of Wolfgang Puck chicken and wild rice. Best soup ever.

Lexie Ward said...

Oh my gosh!! Your mother does that too???
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Carolyn Chambers Clark said...

Hi Jenny,

Just found your blog. Kristen over at pubrants recommended you, so here I am.

I'm also a nurse practitioner. Have you tried pantothenic acid? It's been known to stop even asthma in its tracks. It dries up secretions and clears the head without any side effects like making you feel tired like antihistamines do. It's one of the b-vitamins so you'll have to find it at a health food store or online. It doesn't have any side effects that I know of. It even helps with snoring.

Thanks for this blog. We authors need all the help we can get.