Let me make a few points clear and then I shall walk away from this and not deal with it anymore.
- I do not think I am God. I never said I was, I don't act like I am, and if you think that I believe that I am, you are sorely mistaken.
- You are perfectly free to disagree with anything that I write here.
- You are perfectly free not to submit material to me, if you do not like what I say on this blog. It really doesn't bother me.
- Yes, I am young, but being young is not necessarily a liability. I am learning as I am going along, and I have had excellent mentoring and instruction from both Paige Wheeler and the others at Folio Literary Management, as well as my current boss, Lori Perkins.
- I read every single one of my queries. E-queries and snail mail queries. Anyone who assumes that I don't is making the wrong assumption. I also read every single one of the partial manuscripts I request. I also read every single one of the full manuscripts I request.
- I answer my own phone. The only number that gets given out is my cell phone, which I use for business, and I'm the only one that answers it.
- My boyfriend gets mentioned because he is the other inhabitant of my workspace. If I worked in an office building, I would most likely mention the other inhabitants of it that impact my daily job.
- I do not expect writers to kowtow to me in any way, and similarly, I do not kowtow to them. I evaluate you on the basis of your writing. I also make it a practice to personally speak to every single person that I take on as a client via the phone first, and if I or they feel uncomfortable in any way, then we do not pursue the business relationship.