Monday, November 06, 2006

What was in the posts...

Hello! I'm back from WFC, but while I wait for my house to heat up enough to make going to bed comfortable, I figured that I would try to recreate the content from the Blogger-eaten posts. Here's the first one (yoinked from the LJ feed):

Party info!
So, if you're currently at World Fantasy right now, and would like to attend our party, here are the details!

When: Saturday, November 4th, 10pm (or whenever the awards banquet ends)
Where: The con hotel, room 449
What: Champagne and yummy finger food, plus the chance to mingle and have fun

I'm off to bed now, as I have to go party food shopping tomorrow morning. =)


The second post, I can't seem to locate even in a feed... this may be because I'm tired and just not trying properly. Basically, it addressed the fact that Miss Snark had answered a letter about me being a rookie agent. I know it's hard to tell sometimes about whether people are scammers or not, but please rest assured that I am a legitimate agent, as is my boss Lori Perkins. The L. Perkins Agency has been in existence for several years, and before that Lori worked in a partnership with Peter Rubie, as well as with Barbara Lowenstein. She's been in the business for a long time, and I'm proud of her! =)

So, in an effort to make it easier for people to keep track of my sales record, I've decided that whenever I post a sale to Publishers Marketplace, I will copy the listing to this blog as well. This is not being done as any sort of weird way to brag about my sales; it is a courtesy to those who do not subscribe to Publishers Marketplace and are looking for information about me.


2 November, 2006




Fiction:
Women's/Romance

Jordan Summers's RED, a post-apocolyptic paranormal suspense based on the fairy tale "Little Red Riding Hood", in which the Big Bad Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood are the same character; FULL MOON RISING and BLOOD JUSTICE, to Anna Genoese at Tor, in a nice deal, by Jenny Rappaport of the L. Perkins Agency (World English). jrlperkinsagency@yahoo.com


10 August, 2006




Fiction:
Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Nathalie Mallet's THE PRINCES OF THE GOLDEN CAGE, in which someone starts magically murdering the Sultan's heirs, and it is up to Prince Amir to solve the mystery before he is killed himself, to Jason Williams at Night Shade Books, in a nice deal, by Jenny Rappaport at the L. Perkins Agency, in her first deal with the agency (World English).
jrlperkinsagency@yahoo.com

A World Fantasy con report is forthcoming tomorrow.

10 comments:

December Quinn said...

I saw that party post! I don't know where it went. It seems Crabby Cows have lost a post over there, too, so you're not the only one.

Thanks for posting those sale listings! I don't think it was necessary--any of us who do our research know about the Perkins Agency--but it is awfully convenient to have the info on your blog.

The Home Office said...

It's easy to understand why someone might think you aren't legit. Most agents fill their blogs with laments on how difficult it is to be an agent, the thankless tasks, endless hours, etc. Your blog is a pleasure to read, as you actually seem to enjoy being an agent, henceforth the confusion.

Anonymous said...

Agree with Home office.
You come across as a genuine sweetheart, Jenny.
~I'm posting anonymously because I may query you and I don't want a sincere compliment to sound like suckage~

Jodi Meadows said...

Woo hoo! That is so awesome! Did you do the happy dance? You seemed so calm about it at the party. :D

Maprilynne said...

Cool.:)

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Yaaaay, Jenny! Good work. :-D

I love reading sales listings, btw--and it doesn't come across at all as bragging. It's industry information, and it's your growing track record.

Jordan Summers said...

There are people out there who believe that if there's no website, then the business isn't real. (Stupid, but true.) Sorry someone attacked your reputation and the L. Perkins Agency reputation. Don't let them get to you.

Thanks again for putting up the sale. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the deal info. It is really helpful to have that info for agent questing :)

Wish I could have gone to World Fantasy. I want to start attending more conf/cons in the future. Which do you think are most valuable for a write in terms of connecting with editors/agents?

Chris Coen said...

Thank you very much for hosting a lovely party. I am not especially comfortable around people I do not know, and you (and Chris, who was very gracious and kept me talking) made me feel right at home. Thanks!

Tess said...

I never for one moment doubted your legitimacy as an agent. Just wish I was going to be at RWA National this summer so I could say hi in person. Oh well. There's always SF next year :)