I've got a list, you see. It's not long; rather short in fact. But it's my list of dream books--the kind that I want to own so badly that you can taste it. Most of them are quite expensive, so I don't really expect to get them from my friends or family. But I figured I'd list them here, since I'm curious as to what other people have on their dream book list... some of you out there have to have the same biblio-obsession that I do. =)
- A complete set of Jane Austen. I want one book for each novel, in hardcover, preferrably with a pretty cover on the front, or otherwise bound in good leather. I want them unabridged. I want them to all match each other. And I want them to be mine.
- Any of the books that are available through the Persephone Books website, which prints wonderful books that have been formerly out of print. I'm particularly interested in SAPLINGS by Noel Streatfeild, whose children's books I adored when I was younger. But really, I want the whole collection at this point. And also THE MAKING OF A MARCHIONESS by Frances Hodgson Burnett, whose other books I also loved. Those are my top two from the site, so far. But like I said... the whole collection calls to me!
- A hardcover US edition of the first Harry Potter book, so that my set of hardcovers will be complete. If it was a first edition hardcover, that'd be even better, but I'm not really not picky about this one. I just want the matching set.
- Similar to number one, I want a good edition of JANE EYRE to have. Hardcover, with either a pretty cover, or good leather.
- Finally, I want the complete journals of L. M. Montgomery, which are available in five volumes, and not cheap at all. I read the first one from the college library, and they're so good that I think they even equal her novels. She had an interesting life, and a wonderful way of describing it. And oh, the love affair!