Friday, December 15, 2006

Happy Hanukkah!

This is an official announcement that the Jenny Rappaport branch of the L. Perkins Agency will be closed from December 18th-December 25th. I will then be available again from December 26th-December 29th, and then once again, closed again from December 30th-January 1st. Business will resume as normal on January 2nd.

Although my branch of the office will be closed, please do not assume that I am off sunning myself in Cabo San Lucas. Instead, I will be devoting the next two weeks or so to reading manuscripts and query letters. Please don't be surprised, if I post things on the blog, or I reply to electronic queries. I will have a vacation message posted on my Yahoo business e-mail account (the one listed in the submission guidelines). If anything urgent comes up, Lori will be covering for me, and similarly, I will be covering for her during the week of Christmas and New Years. It helps that one of us is Jewish and the other isn't. =)

For those of you that are Jewish, have a Happy Hanukkah tonight! I, for one, intend to initiate Zoe into the mysteries of lighting the menorah. As Chris said when I told him my plan: "Kittens and fire, what a combination!" =)

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy Hanukkah!

Kippy said to tell Zoe to have fun with the fire, but watch out for her whiskers! :D

manic mommy said...

Happy Hanukkah! I will be sunning myself in Cabo San Lucas, but not till February!

Anonymous said...

Happy Hanukkah! :) Jordan

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Happy Hanukkah! We're firing up the latke machine tomorrow. If you were closer, I'd invite you to join us; the Tour Manager's latkes are enough to make you try to steal him away from me.

December Quinn said...

Happy Hanukkah, Jenny!

Anonymous said...

Happy Hanukkah! Reading manuscripts, eh? How about one involving a winged girl...? ;)

stacy said...

"Kittens and fire, what a combination."--I was afraid, very afraid, to light my apartment fireplace for just that reason. But it was so chilly the other night I lit a fire for the first time since getting my cats. After a few initial minutes of fear, it turned out it was a nice pleasant way to hypnotize my cats: http://slwhitman.livejournal.com/26641.html.

:)