Monday, December 11, 2006

Read the guidelines, folks

For those out there who are blatantly ignoring my submission guidelines and sending me countless queries, let me make one thing very, very clear.

I. Don't. Represent. Picture books.

I have one client, the lovely Alethea Kontis, who previously published a picture book, ALPHAOOPS: THE DAY Z WENT FIRST, before I represented her. She is the only one who I will shop picture books for because she has a known record in that market. I know literally nothing about the picture book market, and wouldn't know a good one if it bit me in the ass. This is why I don't represent them. Are we all on the same page now?


Jodi said...

Mebbe your guidelines need a sekrit code word or something, that way, when you get a query, you will know whether they read the guidelines. You could even set up a filter for it! Any query not including the code word goes in the trash!


Okay, so that's extreme (and maybe a little mean?) but geeze. Guidelines =/ hard to read.

December Quinn said...

Oh dear. Has one of those query-bombing services found some new victims?

steve said...

I was just going to propose


BuffySquirrel said...

Aw, c'mon. How can you resist Steve's proposal?