Saturday, February 17, 2007

2006 Bram Stoker Award Nomination!

Ladies and gentleman, I am absolutely bursting with pride, as I get to tell you the wonderful news that my client, the irrepressible Jeff Strand, has been nominated for a Bram Stoker Award by the Horror Writers Association.

Look at the ballot:

Mark Worthen and Hank Schwaeble, Stoker Awards
Committee Co-Chairs, have announced the final ballot
for the 2006 Bram Stoker Awards:

Superior Achievement in a NOVEL

Headstone City by Tom Piccirilli (Bantam)
Liseys Story by Stephen King (Scribner)
Ghost Road Blues by Jonathan Maberry (Pinnacle)
Pressure by Jeff Strand (Earthling)
Prodigal Blues by Gary A. Braunbeck (Cemetery Dance)


Jeff's novel, which is one of the best psychological thrillers I've read, was put out by a small press as a limited-edition hardcover. It's still available for sale on Amazon here: PRESSURE. We're actively working to get the paperback rights for it sold, and if they do (fingers crossed), it'll be available to many more readers out there.

Congratulations, Jeff! You rock!

9 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Congrats! I hope the nomination helps you sell those paperback rights.

Nathalie Mallet said...

That’s wonderful news! Congratulations! Best of luck on selling the paperback and winning that award.

Gord Rollo said...

Wonderful news!

Jeff is a fabulous writer and a great guy. Totally insane (grin) but we shouldn't hold that against him. Most horror writers are! I'll be at the awards banquet cheering him on from the cheap seats.

Bests,

Gord

kiwi said...

I agree, Jenny. Having read PRESSURE, I'm not suprised its been nominated. Fantastic work, Jeff, and I hope you win.

And folks, if you haven't read PRESSURE yet, you don't know what you're missing out on. It's a must read so get to it.

December Quinn said...

*Puts PRESSURE in my Amazon cart*

Congratulations!

Bryan D. Catherman said...

That's great. Congratulations!

Jeff Strand said...

Thanks, everybody! I expect to receive a brutal thrashing at the hands of the masters, but I'll remain giggly and delirious until March 31st!

Sam said...

Great news Jeff!!
I will have to get this to round out my Jeff Strand collection - it will fit nicely in between Grave robbers and Saving a Dead Princess, lol!!

James Dashner said...

Jeff, I'm seriously speechless. This is so awesome. You're on a list of FIVE with one of my all time idols, Stephen King. Incredible.

Congratulations.