Tuesday, February 06, 2007

From the YA goth goddess herself

Following up on the post that I did a few days ago, explaining about my client, Steve Berman's new novel, VINTAGE, I have discovered Holly Black's actual endorsement of the novel. Not only is she good friends with Steve, but good lord, the woman is a living embodiment of YA goth coolness... is there any question about why I like her and her books so much? (And yes, I got the chance to meet Holly in person at World Fantasy, and was happy to discover that she is, indeed, an awesome person to chat with.)

So go forth and preorder Steve's novel, I say!


Julie Wright said...

I, too, am a huge fan of Holly Black. I think she's an intelligent woman with an incredible ability to write. My kids and I were entranced by her Spiderwick Chronicles. I would never stop pinching myself if Holly deigned to endorse one of my books. She's as gracious in person as she is talented in print. An excellent combination for an author.

kiwi said...

Vintage caught my attention immediately. Love books that move beyond the popular. I've placed my preorder ... come on people, do the same!

I'm not familiar with Joshua Palmalier's work, but a story that humanizes the plight of stressed furniture, damn, that I have got to see.

Jenny, you have some fantastic clients. When my agent finally dies (we're not getting along to well lately) i think I'll drop you a line.

kiwi said...

People, check out Steve and Josh's repective websites. They have both been good enough to put up samples,excerpts; read and then go order!

Amie Stuart said...

Gawd I love Holly Black and not just because she's got cool hair *g*

Will definitely check out Steve's book!

Nathalie Mallet said...

Congrats Steve! VINTAGE sounds like a great read…ghosts and pretty boys, well I just have to have it.