Thursday, February 01, 2007

Lit news, while I wait for soup

More lit, less kittens, you say?

Try some of this on for size, while my chicken soup heats up:

David Eddings burns down his office--absolutely moronic thing to do.

My client, Steve Berman, has a great interview posted upon Strange Horizons. Steve also has his first novel, VINTAGE, coming out soon. It is, I'm told, a chilling ghost story involving a lonely gay teen in NJ; Steve sold it by himself, before he became my client, so I'm eagerly waiting to get my grubby little hands on a copy when it comes out. Plus, Holly Black likes it--you can never go wrong with anything that Holly Black likes.

I'm contemplating going to Lunacon this year, as I missed it last year. It's the weekend before my birthday... do I get a birthday party if I go? =)

Syracuse University students are upset that Frank McCourt has been chosen as their commencement speaker. "Bah", I say to them. Last year, however, they did have Billy Joel as the speaker; I know since my brother graduated from there, and I managed to sleep through part of the ceremony. So exciting.

Finally, I could go on and on about the whole AMS bankruptcy and the PGW buyout and all sorts of publishing business stuff... but really, you want to hear about bankruptcy court hearings? That's your idea of interesting content?

(My soup is ready now. Adieu.)

6 comments:

BuffySquirrel said...

You misheard. Less lit, more kittens!

kiwi said...

Finally, I could go on and on about the whole AMS bankruptcy and the PGW buyout and all sorts of publishing business stuff... but really, you want to hear about bankruptcy court hearings? That's your idea of interesting content?

hell yeah! Love to hear your take, Jenny ...

DanStrohschein said...

I'd love to hear your take on that too - how massive of an effect will AMS's bankruptcy have on the industry as a whole? PL posted that AMS's request to continue doing business was denied by the courts, who've commanded them to liquify their assets to cut down some of the debts. Do you think there will be a buy out to save this sinking ship, from someone like Ingram?

Richard White said...

Jenny,

If you hit Lunacon, will you be doing the Agent's panel?

I'll be doing some of the writers/anime panels there, so I hope to bump into you there.

Hope you get to feeling better.

--E said...

Of course you're going to Lunacon this year, silly! It's back at the Escher Hilton!

Wow, that's not funny about Eddings's house. Also, I had no idea he was 75 years old. I'm kind of glad to hear that--it means he sold his first novels around age 45, yes?

steve said...

I won't be going to Lundacon despite knowing quite a few guests and attendees. I had a "difference of opinion" with the Guest Programmer...