Monday, February 12, 2007

Updated con plans

Through the magic of the internet, one of my friends read my Lunacon post, and realized that she had a way to help me go that was both economical and fun. So I get to split a hotel room and pay very little admission costs, since my friend is one of the panel guests. I'll be there from Friday evening, probably after 7:30 or so, until the end of the weekend. I'm going to hang out with people and thoroughly enjoy being one of the crowd...although granted, I'll have a name badge on, so you'll be able to figure out who I am. =) I believe I'm also going to get my photo professionally taken, by the lovely Sally Wiener Grotta, for her Wordsmiths project.

Unfortunately, no Oregon for me this March, but do not despair, faithful denizens of that state. I'll be out by you in August, for the Willamette Writers Conference, and also sometime in September or October, to speak to a local RWA chapter (Salem, I think?). Both times I'm flying through Portland, so depending on scheduling, I'd love to grab a meal with people somewhere.

Oh, and the writers retreat I was talking about going to is the Rainforest Writers Village. It's technically in Washington State, I believe, but it's supposed to be in a beautiful area. Some friends of mine will be there, and it's being run by the great folks at Talebones. There are still some spots open, if you're in the area, and the idea of writing in a rainforest appeals to you.

8 comments:

steve said...

Sally is a fellow member of the Nameless Workshop.

Joshua Palmatier said...

Aha! We will have to magically run into each other in the bar, buy each other excessive amounts of alcohol, and generally make fools of ourselves, all while planning to write it off of our taxes!

Sally Wiener Grotta said...

I have to take Jenny's photo for The Wordsmiths Project... by popular demand. After writing an entry in The Wordsmiths Project Journal, about a PhilCon panel that the two of us were on ("How to Loose Agents & Infuriate Editors"), I found that her name was one of the top keywords searched on Google and Yahoo that ended up as hits on my site. How's that for Internet popularity?

cm allison said...

Looks like I'll have to miss the March conference (conflict in schedules, arugh!) but wil definately be checking out the Willamette Writers conference. That should be near or in Portland (as Portland is in the Willamette Valley). We'll have to hook up for sure, dinner invite stands! (Picked the Portland Grill not just for food and ambiance but also for the view!)

Richard White said...

Huzzah!

Jenny, I'll be happy to spot you a drink or two at the bar also.

Also, given your interest in Anime, I'd love to have you drop by my "Collecting Anime Cels" panel on Saturday if you're free.

Ben S. D. said...

Oh. Well then, I change my non-recommendation. You should go. ;)

Never been to one of these things myself. I doubt I'd fit in there (don't really know enough about the industry), but I'm sure it'd still be fun.

December Quinn said...

Yay! A perfect solution!

So when are you coming to a convention in the UK? :-)

Derek said...

I know it is a ways off, but what are the odds of you hitting World Fantasy this year?