Sunday, March 25, 2007

Golden Heart, baby!

May I just say how incredibly proud I am of my clients, for getting nominated for such wonderful awards?!

I just got a phone call from my client Katey Coffing (who writes as Cate Rowan--yes, she's been outed by this) telling me she's a Golden Heart Finalist for Best Paranormal Romance for her novel, KISS OF FATE. Katey's a great person, and I am so happy for her! She's been writing seriously for at least six years, and this is a wonderful honor for her to have. =)

For those that don't know, the Golden Hearts are given out by the Romance Writers of America (RWA). To quote RWA's website, they are: "The Golden Heart contest is for the unpublished manuscripts of writers who have not yet sold to an RWA-recognized publisher."

It's a huge accolade to be nominated for an award like this, as the competition is extremely fierce. Katey's book, KISS OF FATE, kicks ass (my personal opinion), and I have high hopes for it... both for its chances of being sold and for Katey winning the Golden Heart.

If you'd like to keep track of the rest of the finalists for the Golden Hearts and for the RITAs, here's the unofficial nomination tracking page.


Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

Aw, shucks. [blushes, kicks the dirt...] I love you too, Jenny. :)

And BIG THANKS for all your enthusiasm and encouragement!

Jodi Meadows said...

Oh wow, that is *awesome* news!

Congrats to both of you, and I've got my fingers crossed for an editor falling in love with KISS OF FATE soon!


Nathalie Mallet said...

Wow, that’s huge! Congrats Katey! I truly hope the book sells; it’s something I would really like to read. Good luck with the award. :)

Amie Stuart said...

Katey congratulations!!!

pennyoz and Avery said...

So proud of you. You are tops.

Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

[happy sigh] Thank you, everyone! I'm still grinning. It might take some power tools to get the smile off my face.

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Yaaay, Katey!!! That's so great. Good for you.

Hey, my Word Verification word (huugxmvx) includes a "huug" just for you. :-D

Tori Scott said...

Congratulations again, Katey!! You know I love your writing, and you. You totally deserve this and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a win.

And yes, your photo is perfect. :)