Friday, April 27, 2007

Elizabeth Bear...

....is brave. Even if she says she's not.

She is brave because she is willing to talk about the issues that have shaped her and why she is the way she is. She is brave because she is willing to be honest, or at least as honest as I've ever seen anyone be on a blog that reflects their professional career as well. She is brave because she takes risks and explains and hopes that we will all understand.

I applaud her.

And I wish I could be as honest as she is. But I cannot and will not tell you things about my life that are that private, since I have friends for that, and this blog *does* represent my livelihood. But just the same, I applaud her.

3 comments:

Demon Hunter said...

All I can say is, wow, Jenny. I could not leave a comment on Elizabeth Bear's livejournal because she doesn't allow anonymous posts and I don't have livejournal, so I hope she reads my post here.

I work in the human services field, and am on my way to obtaining a Master's degree in Clinical Psychology to match my B.S. in Psychology. So far, I have worked with the Mentally Ill, Mentally Retarded, Autistic, and teenage, male sex offender populations, and I have met all types of people who experience PTSD. Whether through sexual, physical, or verbal abuse, the people I've met have strengthed my resolve to ensure the rights of children worldwide. There are never enough laws to protect our children, and I promise, I have seen humanity at its worse people. I just hope that adults begin to take our children seriously, and ensure their happiness and well-being. All they should have to worry about is being a child and learning to tie their shoes!

The Anti-Wife said...

Abuse in any form creates memories and reactions that last a lifetime - even when you've finally found peace and forgiven yourself and those who contributed to your crappy ex-life. It took me over 50 years to decide it was okay to write about it and, even now, there are things I just can't put in writing.

Her candor is inspiring. She really is brave.

kiwi said...

Remarkable. No more to stay.