Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Happy Birthday, LIT SOUP!


Since we've been all about babies lately, I figured it'd be appropriate to celebrate LIT SOUP's birthday by posting the photo to the left. That's me, approximately twenty-five years ago, sitting in my grandparents' condo in Florida. They still have the same exact chair and table, and they're both still in the exact same place in their condo. =) The times, they never change...

Birthdays are a funny thing, when you think about them. We celebrate the day when we come into the world, but many adults, especially women, start to feel disillusioned with their age as they get older. We have a youth-oriented culture, so to be younger is to be better, in many people's minds. I, on the other hand, think getting older is immensely cool. My only living great-uncle, Stephen Singer, just celebrated his 95th birthday yesterday. As he said to me, "Yesterday, I was only 94, and today I am 95--just like that!"

In the world of the Internet, I'm not sure that LIT SOUP will ever make it to the age of 95, although I'd sure as hell like to do so. But in the meantime, let us celebrate its one year birthday together! The sonnet thread will be posted in a minute, for your contest pleasure. And once again, thank you all for reading--it's been a fun ride, and I can't wait to keep writing to you all. =)

11 comments:

December Quinn said...

Happy birthday, Lit Soup!

Sam said...

Happy Birthday Lit Soup, and may you have many, many more!

Ryan Field said...

Congratulations.

Demon Hunter said...

Thanks, Jenny! We can't wait to keep reading either! :*)

Mary Robinette Kowal said...

Happy Birthday!

The Anti-Wife said...

Happy Birthday!
WooHoo! Confetti! Confetti!

If you make it to 95, I'll be




dead!

Nathalie Mallet said...

Happy Birthday, Lit Soup!

Jodi Meadows said...

Little Jenny! And already reading! How cute. :D

Happy Birthday, Lit Soup!

dill said...

Although I stumbled across it when it was already 11 months old, this blog has become a regular read. here's to many more years!

Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

Happy B-Day, Lit Soup! Jenny, my parents have a pic of me sitting on a similar chair, but there's no book involved--so yours is way cuter. :)

Julie Wright said...

i take a day off to do serious writing and Lit Soup has a birthday without me! Happy Birthday!