How exciting, I know! Doesn't that just totally make your day? =)
I've spent the past week decompressing from the effects of attending three conferences in three weeks, one for every weekend. Can we say mentally exhausted, despite the fun I had? You betcha. And now, since I've finally managed to get my brain back into shape, I'm off to Book Expo America. Which, if you're not familiar with it, is the largest publishing industry trade show in America.
I've never been to it before. Yes, I'm a BEA-virgin. =)
And I have been told that it's huge and that I will be on my feet for a good part of each day and that my head might explode... but all for a good cause, mind you. And who doesn't like a nicely-exploded head, now and then? All those brains leaking out... oh my, wait, I seem to be channeling one of my horror authors... let's stop with the image of the brains, shall we?
So anyway, I'll be pretty scarce in these parts for the next week or so, and I wouldn't expect too many blog posts, unless some sudden inspiration strikes me as I'm trolling the floor of the Javits Center, burdened down by free books.
So, with that in mind, I'm leaving this as an open thread to all you blog readers out there! I'll try to get around to moderating the comments, hopefully once a day, although I suspect I'll be too busy to reply to any. But feel free to talk the house up in my absence!
And here's some topics to get you started, in no order whatsoever:
- The imminent closing of SquawkRadio, and the recent stoppage of Miss Snark. Is it necessary for all good blogs to eventually come to an end?
- How do you feel about the minimum wage being raised in the USA, for the first time in the last decade?
- Why does my kitten try to cough up hairballs and fail to actually do so? (Yes, we're giving her CatLax, and she's fine.)
- What's your opinion on writers majoring in English or Creative Writing in college or grad school? Helpful? Hurtful? What sort of impact do you think it has on their eventual writing career?
- Finally, ferrets or fudge?