Jenny Rae Rappaport
I know I said I wouldn't post, and honest to god, I'm dead tired, but I couldn't resist throwing this one up here. =)


1 June, 2007
Fiction:Sci-Fi/Fantasy
David J. Williams's THE MIRRORED HEAVENS, described as "John le Carre on sci-fi crack", LODESTONE'S VIGIL, and THE MACHINERY OF LIGHT, to Juliet Ulman at Bantam Spectra, in a pre-empt, in a very nice deal, by Jenny Rappaport at the L. Perkins Agency (World).jrlperkinsagency@yahoo.com

Ok, and for some unknown reason, the formatting from Publisher's Marketplace is not translating over, which may be because I'm using an old version of IE on my laptop. And I love how they edit my poor descriptions too.... (they even removed the accent from le Carre's name)...what I wanted it to read as was:


Debut author David J. Williams's THE MIRRORED HEAVENS, a 22nd century espionage thriller, best described as "John le Carre on sci-fi crack", LODESTONE'S VIGIL, and THE MACHINERY OF LIGHT, to Juliet Ulman at Bantam Spectra, in a pre-empt, in a very nice deal, by Jenny Rappaport at the L. Perkins Agency (World).mailto:.jrlperkinsagency@yahoo.com

But I won't argue, since they do let me post deals, and that's all that really matters, that I have a public sales record.
Labels: edit post
14 Responses
  1. Congrats, Dave & Jenny!



  2. "Very nice deal" and "pre-empt" are some darn nice words to read.

    Congrats to both of you! May the sales be huge!!


  3. Wow, that’s fantastic news! Big congrats to you both!


  4. Wow, that’s fantastic news! Big congrats to you both!


  5. Yeehaw--congratulations and great job, both of you!


  6. stacy Says:

    They changed my description from "seven girls fight vampiric Fey" to "seven girls fight a vampire named Fey," so I know what you mean. BIG difference in meaning there!



  7. Jill Says:

    Congratulations to both of you.


  8. Amy Says:

    Wow! Great news! Congratulations.


  9. Woo-hoo! Great job to you both.


  10. Rob Says:

    i hope you are both prepared for the consequences of letting the ultrapotent williams sci-fi crack TM loose on the public... poor devils

    outstanding!


  11. Anonymous Says:

    I'm so excited! To think I usedta live in a group house with Dave!
    --Sara


  12. kathie Says:

    Wow, that must feel great. Who needs sleep when that happens?