Tuesday, June 19, 2007

News on the intern front!

I hired another intern today! You have no idea how incredibly happy this makes me.

She's another NJ girl, fresh out of college, and really eager and excited to learn about the publishing business. I'm thrilled. =) She also reads this blog (*waves to new intern!*).

So things should start speeding up on the slush front around here, starting next week. This is a cause for much rejoicing!

I would also like to point out that I'm working on catching up on e-mail this week, folks. I've got approximately 220 of them waiting to be answered in my inbox, and so that's one of the major things I've got on my to-do list. So if you haven't heard from me yet, you should hopefully hear back from me soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, does the new intern replace your assistant, or does it double the reading power for you?

Tess said...

Good luck on tackling that inbox :) And yay on the new intern (both for you and for those who submit to you).

kathie said...

Oh, this is tremendous news for you and all who live in the slush! Hope everything goes well for you both.

Kelly Swails said...

Congrats, new intern!