Sunday, June 10, 2007

Pardon our appearance

Please excuse the fact that the blog looks like crap right now.

Stupid blogger said.. "Upgrade to use new page layout features!".... I backed up my old, customized template on my own hard drive. I upgraded. I wanted my old template back. I tried to use my old template; it tells me the XML is not well-formed.

WTF?

I will attempt to beat my head at this tomorrow. In the meantime, feel free to observe the nifty new logo that Mary Robinette Kowal made for me, which at some point, will be made transparent....

..... along with a lot of other modifications.

8 comments:

Katie Alender said...

Oh, Blogger! Those upgrades are really screwy.

Don said...

Wow those random books from your library are way random: I see
Introduction to Probability and Statistics
One Touch of Magic
Dungeon Master's Guide: Core Rulebook II
Alien Secrets
Harper Collins Spanish Dictionary/Spanish-English English-Spanish
Doomsday Book

Kelly Swails said...

I love it! So stylish. Can't wait to see the improvements.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Can't offer a bit of help in the Making Blogger Behave department, but I dropped in anyway to tell you the new logo is really lovely.

Focus on that and maybe the rest will magically get fixed. You know: the power of positive thinking and all that.

David said...

The old template was probably HTML with template elements, whereas I think they're now using XHTML - HTML that has to obey XML rules.

So you might look through the old template for tags -- e.g., paragraph tags -- that don't have closing tags.

On the other hand, you can go crazy doing this. You might be better off gritting your teeth and going with a new template.

Julie Wright said...

Mary did a great job! It looks beautiful.

Ryan Field said...

Looks good to me.

WordVixen said...

I don't know if I just missed it before, or if it's new- but I love the Lit Soup logo at the top!