Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Fourth of July

Well, here in NJ, we got rain. Which didn't make for the most fun Fourth of July, since we couldn't go see fireworks live, but I did get to hang out with my family and eat grilled (albeit charred) chicken. Mmm, carcinogens. =)

And we got to watch the Macy's fireworks on TV, so that was good too.

I could write about a bunch of things now, but as I'm thoroughly enjoying my day off, I'm going to be short and go back to playing my video game. I had a couple of people actually call me today, which is ludicrous, but they probably didn't realize that it was a federal holiday and wow, I have off! So I shunted them to voicemail, and it's all good.

I want to thank everyone who conveyed such wonderful wishes in the last post's comment thread. Thank you all for your congratulations about getting married; I feel positively enveloped in a bubble of good karma because of them. =)

A couple of people have asked me where we're registered, and for those curious to know, it's at both Target and Macy's. No one, and I mean no one, including all clients, friends, family, and blog readers, is obligated or expected to get me a gift. It's enough just to hear that you're happy for me--really, it is.

Somebody else asked me how getting married this summer will impact my submissions and such, and it really won't. I've got two great interns, who come back into work next week (they have off this week), plus Spencer to handle the electronic stuff. I'm going through my backlog, reading more, and at the same time, playing catch-up. I won't deny that planning a wedding, even a small one, is stressful, but I have my mom to help, so it's all going well. I think the only thing that's temporarily suffering is that I have a couple of calls to make, that I didn't get done yesterday, due to being on the phone about wedding stuff for part of the day. Which is perfectly natural and all, as I do have to do some of that, and vendors and such keep regular business hours.

Oh, and yes, I intend to go on a honeymoon after getting married this August. No e-mail, no phone calls (I will shunt you to voicemail), and just me and Chris alone. I'm looking forward to it. =)


Ryan Field said...

Glad to hear the wedding arrangements are now under way and you're looking forward to a bright future.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

That's okay that you didn't call, Jenny. I wasn't home anyway.

Sorry! Couldn't resist! *grin*

Samantha said...

Even before your wedding, congratulations! I myself would love to get married, but maybe I haven't found the perfect man for me. I can suggest some wedding favors, though, if you'd allow me. :) You can have some wedding toasting glasses and then inscribe some details about your wedding like the name of the couple, date, time, place, or even a small quote. They're useful and memorable all at the same time.

kathie said...

Whooooohoooo, Jenny! Congrats on picking the date. You're going to have a blast--savor every moment, even the stressful ones. Can't wait to hear more...