Saturday, July 14, 2007

My vacation!

So, as we've gone over before, I'm getting married on August 19th. I'm then going on a honeymoon afterwards and I've got stuff to do before the wedding. So, from August 16th through August 30th, I will be on vacation. You can e-mail me, but I'm not going to check my e-mail at all. If the world is ending, then, and only then, may you call me. =)

As for our honeymoon, we're going on an Alaskan cruise. Glaciers! Dog sleds! Bears! Whales! So much coolness, you wouldn't believe it.

Since the cruise ship is now equipped with cell phone service, you'll still be able to call me by phone, if you dial my business number. But here's the very important caveat: I get charged international roaming charges, since the ship is sailing in international waters. Do you know how much international roaming charges can be? A helluva lot.

So, unless my phone says that you are my parents, my brother, or Chris (who will be on the ship himself, of course), then you will get shunted to voicemail. I'm probably going to check it again when I get to shore. Just consider yourself fair warned. =)

PS. Wedding invitations have gone out! Ring shopping tomorrow, and then lots of manuscript reading to do this weekend.

11 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds wonderful, Jenny. I talked to someone several years ago who went on an Alaskan cruise. He said it was wonderful, very inspiring, exciting and peaceful, and quite unlike Carribean party cruises.

Have a great time.

Ben S. D. said...

I've always wanted to take an Alaskan cruise. Heck, I'd even do it by myself if I could afford it. I love that type of thing; give me cold over heat any day of the week and twice on Sunday. :)

kathie said...

Ring shopping? Now that's fun stuff! Your honeymoon sounds fantastic especially in the sweltering hot of August.

Kelly Swails said...

Have fun!

Dave Williams said...

Alaska sounds awesome--!!! my parents went on a cruise there a few years back and loved it. . .

Kim said...

I am soooo jealous! An Alaskan cruise - you lucky devil. My in-laws took one a few years back and I've been bugging my husband ever since about us taking one.

Enjoy the Northern Lights - what a great show nature puts on and it's perfect for a honeymoon!

Best of luck and enjoy!

Urbansherpa said...

I just came back from Juneau (not a cruise, just a vacation) It was AWESOME!!

Don't miss the trip to the Mendenhall glacier.

And just an FYI on the phones, if you have T-Mobile it will work in every port. I had more bars there than I have at home.

islandgirl said...

Brrr! Sounds awesome and very cold! Personally I prefer the tropics any day but I hop you have a great time!

Anonymous said...

I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. It's lovely here in the summer, with temperatures generally between 60 and 80. Tends to be colder and wetter on the coast, though. Plenty of sunshine (I haven't seen the stars in three months). Depending on the latitude it may not ever get dark enough to see the aurora. I doubt you'll see dog sleds this time of year, but there are "dog sled crossing" signs to take photos of. Fall starts in late August, so you may see some fall colors.

Do take the train to Denali if you can - the Alaska RR is a wonderful way to see the Interior, and you can take a bus ride into the park. Have a lovely trip. Pack a sleeping mask.

Chumplet said...

I don't think you're gonna see many dog sleds in August, unless you're high on a mountain or the sled is on wheels.

Happy whale watching! Make sure you have a good camera, and post the pictures.

Michelle said...

Congrats! You're getting married on my b-day. Have fun in Alaska. Have had fun reading your blog today. I still haven't been able to wrestle my copy of the Deathly Hallows from my daughter so I'm avoiding HP posts like the plague...
Michelle
a first time reader of your blog