Monday, August 06, 2007

A Gentleman's Duel

Yes, lots of blogging to do. Yes, I'm behind with stuff. Yes, it's true that I was totally ill this weekend with a terrible stomach virus, while at the Willamette Writers Conference. Yes, I am dead tired and we'll get to all of that tomorrow.

But first, for your viewing pleasure: A Gentleman's Duel

Totally and completely hilarious. =) Especially if you've read historical romances.


Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Since you feel lousy, it'd be a good time to bop over to my blog, scroll down past the latest contest, and help yourself to some Trevor. He's the cure for anything that ails ya!

kathie said...

Jeeze, I hope you're feeling better. Did you have to give a talk mid-nausea?

Kelly Swails said...

Okay. That's the funniest thing I've seen all week! (Let's pretend it's not Monday, okay?)

Jenny Rappaport said...

No, I got to stay in my room and throw up in peace. I couldn't really get out of bed; I was very weak.

heidi said...

Bugger! Bugger! Bugger! Bugger!
Bugger! Bugger! Bugger! Bugger!
Bugger! Bugger! Bugger! Bugger!
Bugger! Bugger! Bugger! Bugger!

So I was reading your blog while at work, thought I'd check out "A Gentleman's Duel". Because I was doing something else on the computer (downloading updates), the video was jerky. Besides, I had no sound at work, so I thought I'd chill out and watch it when I got home...

...only to discover that the guy who owns the copyright seems to have managed a whole Cease and Desist on any version googleable.

Bugger! I can't watch it! {whimper}

P.S. Hope you're feeling better. Phenargen works wonders for nausea.

Lee Ann Ward said...

I am so sorry to hear that you were sick during your conference, Jenny. You know, this must be the year for that. I rarely get sick, but I was sick during EPICon (had a horrible sinus infection that I'd been battling for a solid month before the conference; my doc assured me I wasn't contagious, but that didn't do my poor ears any favors on the flight). Then, when we took our family vacation to Orlando week before last, I was sick. It was no fun standing in lines at the theme parks with my kids, but Mommy managed. They better love me for it! I sure hope you're back to 100% soon, Jenny. Stomach viruses are the absolute worst!

And, I didn't get to watch the video either. Cease and Desist and all that jazz...

Niteowl said...

Oh, that's such a shame. I really thought that the creators of this put it up on dailymotion. It's quite a charming piece of work.

Does anyone know what it was made for?

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to read your post. Hooray! Gentlemen's Duel is FINALLY released! I said to myself. Until I realized it isn't. That must have been a bootleg version and I missed it! Argh!

I saw the preview almost a year ago now and I've really been looking forward to it. Hope it comes available soon!

Though, I can't fault the guy for stomping on copyright violations. I would too if I were him.

Rachel Dryden