Monday, October 22, 2007

My total fangirl moment

We all have these, once in awhile, but the more I work as an agent, the better I am at dealing with them.

Except, on Saturday night, Chris and I stopped off at the local Barnes & Noble. And there, above the front door, on a giant sign, was Nigella Lawson's picture. Nigella Lawson, a veritable cookbook goddess, is coming to sign books at MY Barnes & Noble on November 5th. Coming all the way from London, to sign books in suburban NJ.

I gaped. I repeated several variations of "holy shit". And then I had to move, since I was blocking people from entering the store.

I am so there on November 5th. =)

9 comments:

December/Stacia said...

OMG!! I am so jealous, I love Nigella! "How to Eat" is my favorite cookbook ever.

Kaleb Nation said...

There was a pop group I was into for most of my tween years, but I never saw them in person...until 2 weeks ago when I got to interview them for radio. You'd think I'd be over it by now, but since we go back so far they're probably the only one's I've gotten nervous for in a long time!

Ben S. D. said...

You HAVE to forgive me, but...what the hell is a "cookbook goddess?" LOL

Chumplet said...

My husband says Nigella is hot. And she can cook, too!

I've got a set of her bowls and a little whisk she uses on the telly.

Kimber An said...

You lucky girl! I missed Timothy Zahn by a day. I was so bummed. We don't get many big name authors up here in Alaska.

Brenda said...

Darn! Wish I could be there...I love Nigella!

Ed said...

Um...is that the one by the racetrack??? Because if so, I think my wife might want to be there.

Jenny Rappaport said...

Yep, it's the one right next to the racetrack, at the intersection of Rt. 9 and Rt. 33. It shares a parking lot with Chili's.

Ed said...

As expected, when I mentioned this to the wife, she said: I need to go.

Thanks for the heads up.