Friday, October 19, 2007

Take what you get

This is just a note to say that I am slowly getting rather annoyed by the number of comments I'm getting that go along the lines of... "Ohmigod, where is all the content that will help me get published?! Why do you write about your cat?! I am never reading your blog again!"

You'll see that I don't publish most of them; the power of comment moderation.

I will say this once, and once only.

I am who I am. I am human; I am an agent; I am a young woman in my mid-twenties. I write about what interests me. This blog started out as one for purely promotional purposes, but as I've written it over the last year and change, it's morphed into somewhere that I can express myself. Yes, there is still publishing content. But there is also content about my cat, tidbits about my life, and my opinions on various things.

If you don't want to read all that, you don't have to. This is a free world, and there are about five billion other blogs out there that you can read. I'm not in blogging for the money, you know, and so if I lose some readers, I lose some readers.

You can argue that that means I'm losing prospective clients, and that is a valid point, but here's the rub. If the prospective clients don't like what I write about on the blog, then they are not going to like me. They are not going to enjoy a good working relationship with me.

This blog is a fairly good representation of who I am as a person; either deal with it or don't deal with it, but don't complain about it.

Thank you, to those who do enjoy reading LIT SOUP; yes, it is an amalgamation of various things, but it's also me. The fact that you keep tuning in? That's neat and overwhelming, and really, a compliment. Rock on. =)

(I'm closing comments for this post; I don't think the issue needs to be discussed anymore.)