Thursday, November 22, 2007

Countdown to faster slushing!

Houston, I have another intern again! He shall remain anonymous, he's coming to help deal with my horrible snail mail slush pile, and starts next week. I'm still looking for more people, as I can always use the help. =)


Susan Helene Gottfried said...


If I lived closer, I'd come intern for you. Just for the fun of it.

Happy Thanksgiving, Jenny! Hope the Tour Manager's advice was right on, although I'll be surprised if it wasn't. He's good like that.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us know.

Is it foolish for me to think I could still hear a response on a query sent via snail mail in March?

(I know it got there because I followed someone's poor advice of getting mail confirmation on every query. Thank heavens I only sent two out that day as it cost an arm and a leg. The woman at the post office had already finished ringing up the sale and had slapped the labels, stamps, etc. on it or I would have told her to forget it. Expensive lesson.)

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that your turkey is scrumptious!

Jodi Meadows said...


Jenny Rappaport said...

anonymous, it's not foolish at all. You *will* get a response to your query, although I don't know whether it will be positive or negative.

Frankly, I'm ashamed that my slush reading has slowed down so much, and the faster I can get through the pile, the better. I've learned some valuable lessons about scheduling this year. =)

John Joseph said...

Yay, intern!

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to make you feel bad for the height of your slush pile. I know the wait is just part of the publishing business. Seeing how I get overwhelmed by junk mail here at the house, I can't imagine trying to handle the volume of "real" mail you have to contend with.
I'm a patient soul. It's just that my evil internal editor says "no response equals some serious suckage." Having even the hope of an answer will allow me to duct-tape her mouth shut for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Another intern--is this in addition to Spencer or is Spencer no longer with the agency?