Friday, November 23, 2007

"Defying Gravity" seriously one of the best songs that I've listened to in a long time. Another thing to be thankful for. =)

I haven't seen Wicked, but I will one day. And how can you argue with lyrics that go:

" I'm through accepting limits
'Cuz someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But 'till I try, I'll never know
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love - I guess I have lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost

I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down..."


karen wester newton said...

It is a great song lyric. I'd love to see the show, too. It was playing in London when I was there, but I didn't get a chance to go.

Enough chit chat-- how did the brined kosher turkey come out, and how is Zoe these days?

K.R.Stewart said...

I saw Wicked at the Pantageas theater in Los Angeles earlier this year. It was fantastic. Defying Gravity was definitely in my top 5 favorite songs, but I think "Popular" is even more genius, in a very different way.

I highly recommend going to see it if you can.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, you have to see Wicked. I saw it in London last summer and the stage/lighting on this song was the most incredible illusion I've seen in person. For me, that one scene made this show.


Brandi said...

Oh man, I want to see it too. I'm listening to "Defying Gravity" right now. It's wonderful. "Popular" is hilarious too, I love Glinda's arrogance. They created a couple of great characters in the two witches. My fiance has promised that we'll see it some day...I just hope that if they make a movie out of it they use the Broadway cast. They're wonderful.