Sunday, February 03, 2008

Pigs and pigskin and other fun porcine things

So, I normally don't watch the Superbowl. I don't care for football, and I've only ever been to one Superbowl party in my life. The commercials, now those are good.

But this year, for the first time in my lifetime, the Giants are actually in the Superbowl. And because my father-in-law is one of their biggest fans, Chris and I are going to go spend the day with my in-laws, eating fattening foods and actually watching football. I'm bringing my knitting with me--multitasking, here I come. =)

(I should also add that my mother-in-law is making homemade pigs in blankets, and I am a complete sucker for them.)

While I'm gone, however, I leave you with pigjacking.

5 comments:

John Joseph said...

Um...you're not *that* young, Jenny. :) The Giants were in the Super Bowl three times in your lifetime. Last time was following the 2000 season. Previously following the 86 and 90 seasons.

Sabrina said...

My family isn't a big Superbowl group either, but my mother watched the Sugarbowl (sad, sad loss for the UH, painful really), and decided she wanted to watch the Superbowl, at least the begining and ending. We plan to watch sports movies inbetween.

Jenny Rappaport said...

I'm really secretly six years old, John. I'm just a really smart six year old. =)

And they won!

Cathy in AK said...

Woo hoo! Giants! I've been a fan all my life, thanks to my late dad, and watched the game with him in mind. It was a bit of a shaky, frustrating season at first, but they pulled it off when it mattered with poise and determination.

My father-in-law always teases me about how I can love the team but poo-poo their errors on a regular basis. If you're a Giants fan, you know tough love is the way to get the job done. Ask your f-i-l ;)

Heidi the Hick said...

Pigjacking!

Wow.

I have friends who are hog farmers and I'm pretty sure they've recently started shipping pork to Asia. Here in North America it costs more to feed them than what they sell for. Sad.

I didn't watch the Superbowl either. I hear it involved big guys in tight pants. Hmmm.....