Friday, February 01, 2008

The rain, it cometh

It's currently pouring outside my window, the sort of rain where you can have the shade closed still, and hear it loud and clear. I have to go out later today, but for now, I'm going to enjoy the wonderful sound of it beating down on the ground. =)

Now mind you, I'd love to get a good snowfall, as we've totally missed out on that so far, but a good strong rain is cozy in its own way too.

And it's as good a reason as any, to be indoors, and to do battle with my office. I have read the marvelous organizational book, GETTING THINGS DONE, and following the careful instructions, I have assembled all the "gear" it calls for to begin collecting "incomplete loops". I have a giant in-basket prepared (laundry basket, so useful for various things!), so here we go.

Watch me get into the swing of sorting through papers, and Zoe will come and interrupt... =)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

The only thing better than working while it's raining outside is sleeping while it's raining outside! Of course, rain is now a time of much excitement for us. I live in north Georgia, right in the heart of the drought. It rained a little last night, but at this point we're going to need 4 months of solid rain to get back on track. Ugh.

Of course, I'd also take some snow... :3

Ben S. D. said...

Pouring outside my window, too (not surprising, as we're not that far apart, you and I). Ironically enough, I just got finished reading "The Iceman Cometh;" it's the best kind of day for reading, isn't it? Now I'm on O'Neil's other masterpiece, "A Long Day's Journey Into Night."

For some reason, rain inspires greater literary appreciation in me. Just the atmosphere, I suppose. :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Enjoy the rain. It started here as ice, but now it's rain. What a perfect day to stay in and teach my kindergartener all the great things in the kitchen we can make messes with!

All in the name of science...

Mystery Robin said...

My DH swears by that book! Good luck!!

Ink Johnson said...

It was icy here at first, too, but now it's just very cold rain. It's coming down nice and loud on my roof. Perhaps now would be a good time to rip into the to-be-read book pile...

JKB said...

That is the best, best book. Both my hubs and I have been through it and have it. It's amazing how calm you are afterwards - everything is taken care of, and you don't need to worry you're forgetting something.

Enjoy the rain!