Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Some administrative updates

As many of you are aware, I have several health problems, which I am currently dealing with. On my doctor's advice, I will be slowing down somewhat, but I'd like to emphasize that I will still be actively working as a literary agent. I LIKE helping people get their books published!

In order to ease some of my workload, I have finally bitten the bullet, and decided to accept only e-mail queries. I've updated my submissions guidelines, which can be seen on the sidebar on the left of this blog. I plan to respond to all the current snail mail queries and partials that I have right now. If you have a snail mail query en route to me, it will be responded to. In the future, please only send me an e-mail query.

Thanks in advance, everyone! =)


Aimless Writer said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. TMJ is usually treated with exercises. Good luck! (maybe anti-inflamitories if bad) Have they checked your sinuses?
(Sorry, I used to be a dental assistant.)
Either way, I'm sending positive vibes your way. Feel better soon.

Sadie said...

I hope you feel better soon! TMJ is tough to live with, I know from experience!!

Rachel said...

Ack, and here I sent a snail mail query because I thought I was being kind to your eyes! If it would be more convenient I can resend it as an email query. I very much hope you feel better!

Jenny Rappaport said...

Don't worry about it, Rachel!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the reply! I will just chillax, then. :D

Also, your wedding dress is looovely!

BJ said...

I've been there, done that with TMJ, although mine was caused by a car accident. In my case -- which may not be the same as yours -- it was treated with splints. The splints are basically pieces of plastic molded to fit your teeth. I think, for tooth-grinding, you'd only need to wear them at night, if at all. Maybe yours isn't bad enough for that.

Here's hoping it's an easy fix, with exercises (as someone mentioned). But I can understand the pain -- and the hardship of not being able to talk. Take it easy on the gum, toffee and popcorn for awhile (yes, popcorn can hurt like crazy with this problem), and know that it will get better.