Friday, March 14, 2008

Idols, Codexian and American

Two songs I'm grooving on right now:
"Eleanor Rigby" covered by David Cook
"Let It Be" covered by Brooke White

Both from this year's American Idol competition, and available via iTunes, our blessed music overlord. Honest, the covers are *good*. =)

Also, for the last three years, we've run a contest on my online writing group, Codex. We call it Codexian Idol, and it's modeled after American Idol. Write the first 500 words of a story and submit it for anonymous judging. The top ten stories from that round move forward and you have to write another 1000 words, without revising the first 500. The top five or six stories move on from there, and this year, you have up to 8000 words to finish your story in.

I usually suck at these contests. But somehow, this year, I'm in the top ten, and not only does it scare the hell out of me, but it means I have another 1000 words due tomorrow by 1pm. Eeep.

2 comments:

Kristine Overbrook said...

So exciting!! You can do it. :)

Now I have to finish the two chapters I promised myself this week.

Wilfred the Author said...

I kind of favored Jason Castro's "If I Fell."