Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Erotica I like

This is an interesting post to write because I'm not the erotica agent around here. That's Lori, who eats the stuff up, and manages to sell tons of it. I'm not even the erotica intern. =)

And I suppose you could technically query me with erotica, but I'm just as likely to pass it on to Lori as anything else. Or you could query Spencer, except he's Mormon, and you know, his daughter just miraculously appeared one day, brought by the stork. (I'm allowed to say those things because Spencer is a very good friend, and I know he likes novels with sex in them as much as anyone else. But really, he's not the erotica agent in this agency either.)

But despite all that, and the fact that most erotica just really doesn't do it for me, I do read some from time to time. It's Lori's bad influence. =)

Except this one that I'm about to recommend, I found all on my own, via the wonders of reading blogs. It's by a woman named Bettie Sharpe and it's a deliciously twisted version of Cinderella. The entire novella is available as a free e-book, and it's GOOD. Not perfect, but I enjoyed it immensely. And the best part about it was that the erotica parts were tasteful, but even more importantly, advanced the plot. Which is the key to any successful erotica in my book.

"Ember" by Bettie Sharpe

(I, along with all the other agents I suspect she'll eventually query, am waiting for her to finish a novel-length work. I'm good with being very patient. =)


Michele Lee said...

I loved Ember! It was deliciously wicked and a lot of fun.

Sheri said...

Read the story. You're right, it's quite good. Thanks for posting the link!

Angelle Trieste said...

Bettie's my crit partner & her novella from Samhain is also VERY good. Better than Ember. :)

Adaora A. said...

Lucky Ember!

She's got a great agent waiting on (can I assume) bated breath to query on what she usually would pass onto her colleague. Brilliant.

I'm not particularly into erotica but I found it extremely enjoyable. Diamond in the rough completely.

Rachel said...

Wow, this was really really awesome.

I LOVED the set up, and the execution carried it through all the way!

SERIOUSLY impressed, here!

Kristine Overbrook said...

Thoroughly enjoyable. :) Thank you for the link.

I loved the way she portrayed the other fairy tales too.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet wicked little tale. I loved it. :)

Eden Bradley said...

I've read this story before and loved it! As an erotica author myself I will admit I am extremely picky, but IMHO, this writer really has something special.