Sunday, April 13, 2008

Passover and Bris hiatus

My first cousin is currently in labor now (and has been for the past THREE DAYS, on and off), the poor woman, so I'm going to have a brand-new baby boy cousin by the end of today. =) It rocks!

What does this mean for you in practical terms?

It means that I'm taking Monday, April 21st off, since it'll be the baby's bris. Name to be determined yet. Picture to be posted when I get back to the hospital and take one, once the baby finishes arriving.

New cousins are awesome.

I'll also be taking off Friday, April 18th, as we're heading into the Passover seders on April 19th and 20th. So, for all practical purposes, I will be taking off from work on April 18th-21st.

Consider this your public service announcement. =)


Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Mazel Tov on the new arrival! (but man, that sucks for your cousin. My labors were more like three HOURS.)

I'm missing most of the first seder for the RT Convention, but I think we'll just take advantage of that second night so conveniently provided...

Hope your charoset is tasty and the matzah fresh. Have you seen Susie Fishbein's new Passover cookbook?

Kim said...

A three-day labor? Eeek... and I complained at 22 hours =)

Congratulations! And there's nothin' like new baby smell... =)

Adaora A. said...

Aww congrats Jenny. I'm sure he'll be beautiful!

Sarah said...

My mom had me in two and a half hours. But she doesn't share that fact anymore, because it makes other women hate her.

Happy Passover!

J.E. MacLeod said...

Three day labour is something I unfortunately relate to. I hope your cousin is okay!