Wednesday, May 14, 2008

One step forward, five steps backwards

Yeah, so this is a great week.

The computer is dead again. It looks like it's definitely the RAM that's gone and died, which is incredibly annoying. Happily, we think it's under warranty.

Also, in another example of "Jenny has talent", I managed to give myself a second-degree burn on my wrist from an unfortunate encounter with a cookie sheet. The potholder slipped and my left wrist went slamming into the burning hot metal. It's, um, not pretty, but at least it's not hurting quite as bad as it was a few hours ago.

But, in the spirit of good will and cheer, birthday contest winners coming up shortly! And, my files are all backed up, with the one exception of "Prisoner of Love" by Utada Hikaru, which I would have had to go buy last night on iTunes, before the computer died again today. But work can be accomplished!


Don said...

You can contact Apple and get access to your purchases for a re-download. They generally let you do this about once a year (although they don't advertise the fact).

Kristine Overbrook said...

You're in good company.

Last week, I took a roast out of the oven and set it on the stove. Then belatedly realized I'd left a plastic spatlua in the spoon rest. In my hurry to yank the melting plastic away, I grabbed the roasting pan with my ungloved hand and received a burn across my palm and fingertips.

That your computer is under warranty is good. Hopefully things will settle down for you soon. :)

Anonymous said...

It's rare that your RAM goes. If it isn't just seated incorrectly it may be your motherboard. Do you use a UPS that provides a constant 120V power? They are worth the money if you depend on your PC.

Also, it may be little known but lavender oil can be better than Aloe for healing burns (i.e. making them feel better faster and reducing the scarring).

Kristin Laughtin said...

Yikes. Hope it is still under warranty!

I burn myself all the time... baking, sewing, whatever. If there's a hot surface, I'm sure to stick my skin to it. I've got a pretty nice recent scar healing up on my finger right now.

I love "Prisoner of Love"!

leesmiley said...

You should put some mustard on the burn--it will keep it from blistering and get rid of the pain. Sounds weird, but it does work. Then, it can multitask on those kosher hot dogs.