Monday, May 12, 2008


Minimal dog-cat peace interactions has been accomplished.

Less hissing.

More intimidation by Zoe, of Gully, by sheer force of her mighty ten pounds.

Gully has also decided that he's madly, deeply in love with Chris. They have bonded greatly--Chris is his bestest, newest, most wonderfulest buddy. (Totally grammatically incorrect. =) I keep trying to get a picture of them cuddling on the couch, since Gully basically flops half his body into Chris' lap and starts giving him doggie kisses. I'm loved too, but Chris is the preferred person in Gully's book.

None of this pleases Her Royal Furrypaws, but she's calming down somewhat. Zoe and Gully bonded a bit the other day when they were both simultaneously given tiny bits of hot dog as treats. Oh, the power of kosher frankfurters! =)

And I don't know about the rest of you, but right now, it sounds like the wind is going to blow my house down. Time for bed, I think. =)


Pete said...

Yah, the wind is making a screaming noise here too. All around my bedroom, more than anywhere else. A bit alarming to listen to as you're drifting off.

The cat-jealousy-territory thing was hard enough when my wife and I brought home a new kitty. I can't even imagine what it'd be like if we brought home a DOG. When all's said and done, you probably deserve a medal of some sort. Or a cookie. :)

Carolyn B said...


I love reading about your pets - but what about the "lit" part of the soup? Any progress on the contest? We're holding our breathe in anticipation out here, ya know?

Ryan Field said...

Just got my lights back; it's awful weather. Is this May?