Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It never rains, it pours

I'm supposed to be hightailing it out of here at 8 am tomorrow morning, to drive down to Tennessee with my writing buddy Luc Reid (thankfully, supplying the Prius for us to make the trip in) for the inaugural Codex Writers Workshop. Which for those who have never heard of it, is a private writing workshop that my online writing group, Codex Writers, has put together for its members. We've lured the incomparable Ellen Datlow down South with us, and she'll be gleefully ripping apart the short stories we've sent her. I can't wait. =)

But wait, it gets better!

Today I got to deal with the water guy! My water is fine, but that ate up time.

I managed to miss my hair cut appointment, so they were kind and rescheduled me, and I shall be leaving to be shorn shortly.

I do not have my story critiques done for the workshop yet, although they don't start properly until Friday morning.

Have I mentioned that I have a dire lack of clean shorts? I have a lack of shorts that fit in general. Shopping, anyone?

AND

I have four book contracts to deal with (this is good news, but time consuming!) this week, while I'm in Tennessee.

AND EVEN COOLER

A very interesting book prospect on the horizon that may or may not happen, but looks like it can be done. And now if I could only get in touch with the client whose book it is...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hope you have a great time at the workshop!

Ryan Field said...

Sounds like things are looking brighter though, and that's very good!!