Friday, July 11, 2008

Blood Orange Sorbet

This, btw, is the blood orange sorbet that I ate in Tennessee. I blame Ellen Datlow for the addiction to it, since she insisted on buying more. It's GOOD.

(And look, a store ten miles away from me has it! I can see that Chris and I will be paying a visit to the A&P shortly.)


Ryan Field said...

I've seen the brand, but never tried it.

Jenny Rappaport said...

You should try it; it's excellent.

Scott said...

I gotta see if can find that stuff. I love anything blood orange. Especially blood oranges.

I had a roommate in AUstria who tried to throw out a whole bag. He thought they were regular oranges that had gone bad.

Wish I could find some tasty blood oranges right now. They'd be great for my summer cold!

Qugrainne said...

If you have an ice cream maker, you can make your own sorbet; it doesn't take much time. There are lots of good recipes on the internet.

The real reason organic is so expensive is you are paying for the half-a-crop that the bugs dined on. Plus a nice tip.

Jenny Rappaport said...

qugrainne, we do make our own sorbet too, but it takes time and freezer space. =)