Monday, July 07, 2008

Murphy's Law...

...has dictated that I have managed to simultaneously dye the inside of my dryer blue (when the pillow says, "Do not wash", it is perhaps best to listen to the label), and that at the same time we were flipping out over the blue dryer, the central air has decided to give up the ghost.

So, end result: One blue dryer, which is slowly being de-blued with bleach and elbow grease. And one broken air conditioning system, which will probably need to be replaced as it's nineteen years old.

Oy.

Business may be conducted from the relative coolness of either Panera Bread or my parents' house, tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I may be so bold...

Try hairspray instead of bleach. It took care of ink, it may take care of dye.

Kizmet

H. L. Dyer said...

Yikes. Maybe you should think about declaring 2008 a do-over.

Ryan Field said...

Sounds like one of THOSE days. When my central air went three yeas ago I called Sears...they were fast and had the best price.

Chumplet said...

My son did the old 'leave a pen in the pocket' routine and I had to use a combination of hair spray, Fantastik and elbow grease to clean the midnight blue blobs from the dryer.

Central air? Wazzat? I can't even coax a breeze through this house.

Hope your week goes better!