- A mainstream YA novel about a teenage girl living as an illegal immigrant in the United States.
- A non-Western society steampunk fantasy. Where are all the African steampunk books?
- A *good* YA science fiction novel that doesn't involve spaceships, portals, telepathic powers, or aliens.
- A novel about a Japanese woman working as a hostess; I want it dirty and power-intrigue filled.
- A British historical romance that doesn't involve a member of the nobility. Think Jane Austen gentry with sex.
- A contemporary romance with ice skating in it; either a male or female figure skater; I'm good with both.
- A novel about how one woman's obsession with the Food Network saves her life.
- An urban fantasy with an atypical male protagonist--no vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, or faeries allowed.
- A kick-ass AI based science fiction novel. Not just fancy robots with human-like characteristics; give me true AI and its ramifications.
Monday, July 07, 2008
Titles I'd Like To See
Well, Spencer and Lori have both done posts about books they'd be interested in seeing lately, so I figure it's time for me to do one too. I don't guarantee that any of these books will sell, just that I'd be interested in seeing them pulled off well.