Sunday, September 21, 2008

Muppets, can they make it?

I love the Muppets. Always have, always will. I saw them live in NYC when I was a little girl.

And now, Disney, bless its little corporate heart, is trying to bring them back to a new generation.

This is a great NY Times article on it.

And since the article mentioned that there were several Youtube videos of Muppets that Disney had released in the last few months, I've taken the liberty of trying to track some down and embedding them for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy! =)

"Habanera"



"Meh"



"Classical Chicken"



"Hrmph"



"Mmph"



"Blech"



"Ode To Joy"



"Stars and Stripes FOREVER"



I believe that's all of them that I could find. I think my favorite is "Ode To Joy". =)

8 comments:

Ulysses said...

I've been a fan of the Muppets since I was young enough to watch Sesame Street. I watched the original Muppet Show religiously, and became a rabid fan when the first movie came out.

I try to share the love with my children, but they're a generation too sophisticated to appreciate the magic of puppet actors, and recent Muppet entries (Wizard of Oz, Kermit the Swamp years) have been dismal.

Now there is some hope. YAY!

leesmiley said...

I purchased the first three seasons of the original Muppet show on DVD and my five-year old son loves them. My eight-year old is not quite sold on them, but I'm confident she'll come around.

The first season had an extra called Muppet Morsels, a pop-up trivia track that was fascinating--and left off the following seasons. Still, the shows are even better now than they were when I was little.

I hope they do come back, but not if they are going to lose that intelligence they had when Jim Henson was alive.

Tanya said...

I just saw the exhibit to Jim Henson at the Smithsonian in D.C.

Muppets forever!

:)T

Kelly Swails said...

I LOVE the muppets. It would so rock if they brought them back.

Taymalin said...

hehe,

I love that xenophobic eagle. Too funny. Thanks Jenny! I had no idea these were coming out.

Kristine Overbrook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pikestephenson said...

There's a chunk of my childhood I'll never forget. We pikced up a box set of the original first seasons and introduced them to our daughters and nearly lost control of teh DVD player! Beaker was our favorite and now he's loved by a couple of little tyrants.

Jill Elaine Hughes said...

I like Habanera the best, with the Swedish Chef, Beaker and Animal. Beaker is by far my favorite of all the Muppets, whom I've loved since childhood.

I used to do a joke about my student loans after grad school. When people asked me how I'd pay them back, I'd do the Swedish Chef's voice and say "defer, defer, defer."