Tuesday, October 28, 2008

OMG!

Well, Twitter seems broken at the moment, so the rest of you get to share in my utter delight, surprise, and astonishment.

IT IS SNOWING ON OCTOBER 28TH! It never snows this early in NJ! NEVER! I don't remember it ever snowing this early in NJ in my entire life!

When I went to school in Pittsburgh, a very late October/early November snowfall would sometimes happen. But never here!

And the weather people said the snow would only be north and west of NYC (I am most definitely south of NYC), but my dad is in NW New Jersey at work now, and he says it's been snowing and sticking for three hours already.

And wow, to add to the weirdness, the snow is sticking to the grass already. Weird!

And wait, finally, one more bit of crazy: it's supposed to be 65 degrees here on Friday.

10 comments:

Jill Elaine Hughes said...

It snowed a bit in Chicago yesterday too (hard frost last night, and supposedly tonight too), and we are also supposed to be 70 degrees by Friday.

Global warming, huh?

acpaul said...

The last time it snowed here (over ten years ago) I think the Governor came close to declaring a city-wide emergency.

Of course, the snow melted as soon as it hit the ground, but still...

Phoenix drivers don't know how to cope with rain, much less SNOW!

bjmuntain said...

Uh oh. Sounds like our Canadian weather is heading south for the winter. This does not bode well. What will happen to us when even our *weather* is afraid of the upcoming winter?

(hiding under the bed, holding the dog close)

Jenny Jill said...

I like to think that we absorb some of the cold before we send it on south! This front that creamed the World Series last night is headed on north east. It looked pretty cold, too!

Winter....bring it on!

Lisa Iriarte said...

I remember one year when I used to live in NJ that we had a white Easter. That was wild. Nope, I don't remember any white Halloweens. Weird.

lotusloq said...

Wow! Snow. We don't get much of that in North Carolina. Have fun with it! It sounds like it won't be around long.

Kim said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't remember it ever snowing in October. But I did get a chuckle when my daughter came home from school all bummed because she was convinced they'd have a half day due to that 1/2 inch of snow. =)

Ryan Field said...

It's *freezing* in Bucks County.

bjmuntain said...

Be happy. I can remember white Halloweens. I can remember one or two blizzardy Halloweens. I can remember when, as a kid, my mother dressed us as 'Eskimo clowns' -- we just wore our parkas and she put makeup on our faces. No one would have been able to see any costumes under the parkas, anyway.

Oh yes, be happy. Ever try taking a four-year-old trick-or-treating in a blizzard? Not fun! And not very profitable for the kid.

I feel like an old grandpa saying, 'why, you kids have it easy!'... but I'm not that old, and it wasn't that long ago. It looks like we'll have a nice Halloween this year, though.

Tara Ryan said...

I wasn't nearly as excited to see snow on Oct 28 in Asheville, NC. Especially as it was my first day back from the South Carolina Writer's Workshop in Myrtle Beach. We don't shine too kindly to snow before Thanksgiving.