As many of you may know, I'm in the process of taking over a good bit of the erotica that Lori Perkins handles, so that she can avoid a conflict of interest with her work as an acquisitions editor for Ravenous Romance. While I'm (to my surprise and utter happiness) enjoying the work I'm doing with the erotica authors, I've currently found myself in a bit of a paperwork jam.
Here's what I need to do:
- Be able to keep track of multiple authors writing multiple novels each and when the payment is due for each author's novel. I have three separate payments I need to make sure get processed for each novel, each on different dates.
- Everyone's novel deadlines and payments are due on different dates. I am not great at remembering *that many* dates, especially when there are so many books I'm dealing with at once.
- I could really use some sort of program that will automatically remind me that I must send out Author A's payment #1 on this date, Author M's payment #3 on the same date, and Author Z's payment #2 on the same date as well.
- I need to be able to transfer this data back and forth between PC and Mac. I have Microsoft Office on my Mac, but I've only used the Excel and Word parts of it so far; I have no idea what Entourage does.
- Please keep in mind that I despise Outlook, and I'd really like to avoid using it for this, if at all possible.
*hands out virtual chocolate to everyone who has a suggestion*