Sunday, November 30, 2008

2008 Book List

In the interest of full disclosure, I've done this as an Amazon wish list because my husband has trouble remembering what books I'd like for the holidays. Not all of these books are from 2008, but they're all books that I'm interested in him buying me. I've also added the current books from clients this year that have been published, as I personally think they're *always* worth owning a copy of.

I figured since I had gone through the trouble of making the list, I might as well throw it up on the blog too, in case anyone was interested. Yes, it is an Amazon wish list widget, which means if you buy a book from it, I earn something like two cents. Feel free to use it just for the list, and purchase any books you choose to buy wherever you can afford them. It's a tough holiday season out there, but books are literally gifts that keep on giving. =) You should also know that some of the books on the list are available in cheaper editions, but I've specifically added them as hardcovers because I want matching sets for my own collection.

(And yes, as you'll see from the list, my taste is quite eclectic.)

If you go to LIT SOUP itself, you'll see that the link to the list is on the sidebar, right below Archives. I'll keep it up through New Year's, and then take it down. It clutters up the website, but I couldn't figure out any other way to get it up on blogger.

6 comments:

Julie Butcher-Fedynich said...

Wow, did you remember to put more bookshelves on the list? I forgot that one year and it was a mess until my birthday:)

James Buchanan said...

I would add two books -- More Information Than You Require by John Hodgman and Unpacking the Boxes by Donald Hall.

The former is very silly and very funny and the latter is a nice and easy to read memoir by Donald Hall.

Best,
James Buchanan (www.orchardwriting.com)

lotusloq said...

Wow! What a list! It's amazing you even have time for reading for fun. I guess you just have to make it when you can.

Ryan Field said...

What a good idea!!

Anita said...

Have you read Spinelli's STARGIRL and LOVE, STARGIRL? My daughter and I flew through those books and then cried like 12-year-olds when we were done...oh, wait, she is 12.

Also, I love John Green's AN ABUNDANCE OF KATHERINES and Lisa Lutz's mysteries---Green and Lutz make me LOL!

wordsrmylife said...

I'm so happy to see someone else who reads Georgette Heyer. False Colours is one of my all-time favorites.