Thursday, November 06, 2008

Administrative notes again

As noted in the last post, LIT SOUP will resume its normally scheduled content, in about ten minutes.

First, some small administrative notes again.

  1. Due to the wonderfulness of Jodi Meadows, who is one the best slush readers out there, response times have dropped drastically. I'll be updating the submissions guidelines in a bit, but they are now one week for a query, two weeks for a partial, and a month for a full manuscript. Please be realistic in interpreting these timelines. If you send a query on Thanksgiving Day or on Christmas, please be aware that Jodi (and I) have lives and may be celebrating holidays, etc.
  2. The above new response times only apply to submissions sent electronically. If you haven't sent it that way, it's not going to get read from now.
  3. If you have been unhappy with, in my opinion, the fairly mild political content of the last few blog posts, you are quite welcome to not read LIT SOUP anymore. I enjoy and appreciate all the readers who come my way, but you should also be aware that there are as many writers as there are fish in the sea. If you choose not to send me your query because you do not agree with my political beliefs, I will not be suffering from lack of business.
Are we all on the same page now? Good, I hope so. =)

2 comments:

Jodi Meadows said...

I'm having some trouble with the idea that people would choose not to query you based on your political beliefs.

Since your political beliefs aren't what sell books.

Apostrophes, but if I had to find an agent who not only loved my writing and worked well with me, but ALSO believed all the exact same things I do (politically, religiously...)

...I don't know anyone who fits that criteria, actually.

Jill Elaine Hughes said...

Have you perhaps been getting hate mail??

If so, those are authors/readers you probably don't want, anyway.

I'm an Obama freak, but I'm still friends with Republicans, and several members of my family are Republicans. We all get along just fine.