Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Official Announcement

So, remember I said I had a super-secret project? This was it! =)

The press release is below. The website is a work-in-progress, and will continue to evolve. The new e-mail address is jenny@rappaportagency.com. The old e-mail still works, but will be discontinued at some point.

Lori Perkins and Jenny Rappaport would like to announce that they are amicably parting ways, and that Jenny will be leaving the L. Perkins Agency to start her own literary agency, The Rappaport Agency.

After a mutually successful two and a half year business relationship, Lori and Jenny have found that their agenting interests are taking them in different directions. The L. Perkins Agency will continue to focus on erotica and chick lit, horror and pop culture, while The Rappaport Agency will specialize in science fiction and fantasy, as well as YA, and romance.

Speculative fiction has always been Jenny’s passion, and she is pleased to be able to take her work with it to the next level.

Marsha Philitas has been promoted to senior literary agent at the L. Perkins Agency.

Lori Perkins’ Blog: http://agentinthemiddle.blogspot.com
The Rappaport Agency website: http://www.rappaportagency.com
Marsha Philitas’ Blog: http://lifestyleagent.wordpress.com

25 comments:

starian24 said...

Congratulations! I wish your new agency all the best! :)

acpaul said...

Hurray! Good for you! I promise I won't query too many times!

Jenny Rappaport said...

Thank you both! =)

Christine said...

Congratulations! I have been following your blog since the beginning of summer and wanted to say hello! This is very exciting news and I look forward to reading posts about the Adventures of The Rappaport Agency!

Thacher said...

Congratulations Jenny & Jodi! I wish all of you the best of luck in the new business.

Kristin Laughtin said...

Congrats! I look forward to seeing how both your agency and Lori's evolve.

Edmund R. Schubert said...

Congratulations, and best of luck, Jenny.

Rick Novy said...

Best of luck to you.

Jodi Meadows said...

Woo hoo!! Confetti and kitty treats!

DFortier said...

Hopefully this change works out well for both parties. Congratulations and all the best!

Dave

p.s. I'm pretty new here, but still excited for you.

Kristine Overbrook said...

Congratulations!

helenf said...

Wow, congrats and good luck for the agency. I look forward to submitting some work to you soon :)

green_knight said...

Congratulations on the new agency! You'll hear from me...

Theo Lynne said...

Congratulations! You must be so excited!

Chumplet - Sandra Cormier said...

Whaaaaat? Recent family events prevented me from discovering this fantastic news. I wish you all the best in your new career!

Must finish novel. Must finish novel. I mean the other novel.

pixydust said...

This is sooo cool, Jenny! I'm so happy for you!!! :)

lotusloq said...

Wow! and Congrats! I'm very happy for you. You must be so excited! I'll have to query you at your new place whenever I get this crazy book the way I want it.

Here's wishing you all the best in your new venture!

Jenny Rappaport said...

Thank you everyone! Just as a brief reminder, I'm leaving the hotel internet in about an hour, to go to my grandparents' condo, so internet access will be splotchy for the next week. But thank you, thank you, thank you. =)

Alex said...

Congrats on the new agency, new beginnings are always fun and daunting!

Check out my book, I didn't send an official query because I'm not sure it's up your alley.

http://www.alexgeana.com/2005/04/spartan_sunrise.html

Ya and Fantasy Bookspot said...

Congratulations, kid! Lots of luck..

*putting Jenny on mylist of agents for when I have my next YA fantasy ready...*

Ryan Field said...

Best of luck, Jenny.

Angelo said...

Congratulations, Jenny! As a self-proclaimed sales/marketing guru, fellow business person, and entrepreneur, I wish you all the best!

Sina'i said...

Congratulations, Jenny! Good luck on finding some great projects that really inspire you! I look forward to querying your agency! (Of course, need to finish and edit the novel first. ~_^)

Catherine Avril Morris said...

A belated congratulations! I hope the new venture goes swimmingly (that means wonderfully, right?)!

Marina said...

Jenny,
Huge belated mega-doodle congratulations on your new venture! I look forward to querying you again in the coming months. Hi to the awesome Jodi, too!
:)