Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Query Protocol

Because apparently the directions on the agency website weren't clear enough, let me reiterate this....

When you want to query The Rappaport Agency, you ONLY send your query to queries@rappaportagency.com. You do not send it to my business e-mail address, which is jenny@rappaportagency.com. If you send it to both addresses, three things happen:

  1. It makes it look like you can't follow directions, which is an automatic strike against you.
  2. We get two copies of the query which is incredibly annoying because it's very hard to keep track of whether we've rejected you or not already.
  3. Inbox clutter.
Therefore, please only send queries to queries@rappaportagency.com. I will change it on the website in the next few days, in an attempt to make it even clearer. Perhaps if I put it in bold...

6 comments:

Jodi Meadows said...

Pleeeeaaaaaseeeeeeee!

acpaul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
acpaul said...

I solemnly swear that I will only ever query you at your proper querying address.

There, now that you've gotten 1 down, there are only 999,999 other aspiring authors to go.

(And yes, my own typos do annoy me enough to remove a post just to try it again.)

Jenny Rappaport said...

I've learned to live with my typos because sometimes the thoughts come out too fast, when I'm writing blog posts. But if they're pointed out to me, I do try to go back and fix them. =)

Justus M. Bowman said...

If you underline it, they will know.

David said...

Blinking! Red! Large font!

I think it's clear now, given that it's the first item on the page about submissions. On the other hand, writers who are querying an agent may feel tense and anxious, which contributes to overlooking the obvious.