Sunday, November 09, 2008

Upcoming Travel Advisory

I've posted about this before, but I'll do it again now that it's closer. =)

I will be visiting the lovely state of Florida from November 13th-November 22nd. The first part of the trip is the Florida Writer's Conference, where I will be in Orlando from November 13th-November 16th. The second part of the trip is an *actual vacation*!

I'll be down in the West Palm Beach area, staying with my grandparents, and hanging out with them and my great-aunt (wife of the recently deceased great-uncle). We have wonderful, exciting times planned! We'll be purchasing a new computer for my grandparents, which is a joy in itself--if you've never tried to buy a computer for two people in their mid-80s, you're missing out on a true life experience. The agenda also includes sleeping, swimming, and possibly a trip to the movies.

While I am gone, I will have internet access, but I won't be checking it as frequently. I'll be back up and running full steam ahead during Thanksgiving week. This vacation has been planned for over a year, and I intend to enjoy it. =)

8 comments:

Melissa said...

You might run into my family! Both my sisters will be at Disney this coming weekend along with my mother and then they are all staying through Thanksgiving. Me and Bill aren't coming until the Monday before Thanksgiving. Mom says FL is nice and warm, enjoy it!

Deaf Brown Trash Punk said...

have fun in sunny Florida. I am so jealous. I'm in crappy, chilly St. Louis. Ugh.

Justus M. Bowman said...

Enjoy your vacation. Make sure to tell us if you find it difficult to stay away from the Web. Can you resist?

Richmond Writer said...

Don't forget to tell your Grandparents, to shut-down the computer you go to the Start button. Explaining that one is always so much fun. :)

Oh and not to click on the spam e-mails. I have to remind my mother that it doesn't matter if you have an account at X bank they don't send you e-mails to tell you someone has stolen your identity!

BJ said...

Are there any books for older people accessing the Internet for the first time? Telling them about the scams and other safety concerns, and how to use and NOT use certain things.

If there isn't such a book, maybe I should write one... Hmm...

Jenny Jill said...

I have created a PPT for Internet Safety. Feel free to pass it on. Directed more at parents, it still gives some ideas. I hope it helps!

Ryan Field said...

Have fun.

lotusloq said...

Ah!! An actual vacation! With downtime and family around and kicking back and relaxation! More power to ya! Have a great time!