Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Actual Holiday Card Photo


This is the "agency edition" of the Zoe photo; there's also an edition of it that said "Zoe, Age 2", which went out to my family and friends. SEVENTY-ONE holiday cards sent out today, better late than never--to family, friends, and my clients. Guess which ones got the "agency edition" cat photo? =)

The great thanks to this photo goes to Christina, my wonderful Photoshop elf, who helped turn Zoe from a lump of undefined cat with demonic eyes, into the beauty you see before you. That is how she really looks, in real life, but Christina was able to fix the eyes and up the contrast. Thank you!

7 comments:

acpaul said...

Zoe is a beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Jarucia said...

I wonder what Zoe is thinking...looks like either "Why hasn't the tryptophan worn off yet" or "I can't believe I'm saying this, but there was TOO much catnip in my stocking this year."

Happy Holidays.

D. Robert Pease said...

We just rescued a black cat a few weeks ago, and I now fully understand how hard she is to photograph. I haven't got a good one of her yet. With our brown dogs, it was just point and shoot, but not so with a creature that is jet black with headlights for eyes.

JKB said...

Zoe is gorgeous, as usual.

Happy New Years!! :)

Amie Stuart said...

lol that photo has "I reject you," written all over it!!!!

BJ said...

Looks to me like she's saying, "Will you PLEASE get that camera out of my face."

I've had similar pictures of my dog -- until he learned he'd get a treat if he sat still. Now I can't get any unposed picture of him -- he sees the camera, sits and smiles, and waits for his treat.

Still, Zoe's pic looks far more dramatic than any I've taken of my dog...

ryan field said...

Wow. That's a good one.